We greatly appreciate our families taking the time to provide feedback via our parent survey that was sent out last week. The survey has provided us with very valuable information as we continue to prepare for the beginning of the school year. CLA is offering the following learning models for starting off the 2020-2021 school year.
Face to Face – Students will begin school on August 10th for face to face instruction five days a week with safety guidelines in place.
- All K-8 students will begin class on campus on August 10th.
- Every student’s temperature will be taken prior to entering the buildings each day.
- Masks may be worn by students/staff at their discretion but will not be required to do so.
- Deep cleaning procedures will take place in classrooms and common areas in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer will continue to be placed in all classrooms.
- Students will not share any classroom materials such as crayons, pencils, markers, etc.
- Only teachers may pass out and collect materials from students.
- Parent volunteers/visitors are unable to volunteer in classrooms at this time.
- Any field trips will be conducted virtually.
Distance Learning – Students will begin school via distance learning on August 10th with the following guidelines in place.
- All grade level teachers will stream their daily Bible lesson live through Microsoft Teams allowing students who are distance learning to participate alongside students who are in class.
- All Kindergarten – 2nd grade teachers will post all daily assignments directly into Jupiter Ed allowing parents/students to view and complete daily assignments. Parents will have access to pre-recorded Abeka streaming lessons that correspond directly with the lessons assigned by the teacher through Jupiter.
- 3rd-8th grade students who participate in online learning will utilize Alpha and Omega’s Ignitia online platform. This platform provides lessons and content that students are able to work through while allowing them to communicate with a teacher directly when they need additional assistance. The program provides a great deal of additional assistance for students directly in the platform.
- Students will be responsible for submitting assignments by their assigned due date.
- Teachers are available during contract hours through Jupiter Ed/email for additional help or schedule a live Microsoft Teams meeting for additional help for distance learning.’
- Parents may bring distance learning students for PE/electives if they choose.
- Families who choose distance learning may choose to have their students transition to face to face instruction at the end of each quarter.
Please visit the link below to select which model of instruction you would like your child to participate in no later than Thursday, July 23rd. If you have more than one child enrolled at Christian Life Academy, please complete a survey for each child.
Much thought and prayer has gone into developing these options as we attempt to provide options that can meet our family’s needs. I am praying for safety, wisdom, and discernment over each of our families as they make difficult decisions for their children. I am grateful that we serve a God who is bigger than all things and walks with us through all things. Isaiah 4:10 says “fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Please note that there has been talk about the Lee County School District pushing back their start date to provide additional time to prepare their classrooms. Our start date will remain August 10th and will not be affected by any change that may take place. We will continue to monitor the CDC, Florida Department of Health, and the Florida Department of Education for any recommendations of a delayed start date for the health and safety of our students. Please contact me with any questions that you may have.